Operations Director – M/W
Asia – Thailand, Chonburi
Overseeing Production Operations for the repair and overhaul. Manage, direct, and implement operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of business’s goals. Focuses on short-term goals, on-time delivery, cost of sales, quality, and gross margin. Focuses on long-term goals, formulation, planning, and implementation of strategies. Key measures of success will include on-time delivery, inventory as a percent of sales, inventory turns, return on net assets and quality escape.
Must function as a team member with Engineering, Quality, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Human Resources to ensure corporate and company goals are met. This position reports to the Managing Director who has full P&L responsibilities for the company.
Manages all areas of production departments to include several subordinate managers who supervise employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your main tasks will be:
- Plan, direct and manage the activities of the product line process to include, but not limited to, developing, and implementing, procedures and controls to drive growth, profitability through cost reduction, on-time delivery (OTD), non-quality and rework reduction and controlling outsourced work processing lead time and spend associated with the respective product line.
- Develop and maintain repair and overhaul operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, and production costs.
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products.
- Establish production and quality control standards, develop budget, and cost controls, and obtain data regarding turn-time, cost and quality standards.
- Coordinate production activities with all other functions of the organization and maintain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Establish an effective management style that is compatible with Revima company culture.
- Sustain excellent relationships with all management staff within Revima Asia Pacific as well as with all sister companies throughout Revima Group, vendors/suppliers, and partnership companies.
- Ensure compliance with safety/environmental regulations. Promote effective company safety programs in support of a safe working environment.
- Know and understand company policies and safety procedures.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or company progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Plan, direct, control and coordinate activities of all shops in the safest, efficient and economical manner
- Manage budgets, planning and manpower for the operational needs of the repair station
- Oversee the health and safety of the employees through company-mandated policies
- Be responsible and accountable for the daily activities of all production personnel.
- Manage and coordinate new customer implementation needs with the IT department and customer service organizations.
- Plan and execute customer requirements.
- Assure housing and facilities provide adequate protection of parts, materials and customer units from weather, dust, heat/cold, theft, fire, and contamination from other shop activities.
- Assure each maintenance/production person is properly trained for the work performed; and shall document both formal and on-the-job training (OJT) according to applicable policy.
- Actively supports company 5S program and continuous improvement.
- Actively supports company safety program.
- Solid knowledge of continuous improvement processes and practices
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key strategic Suppliers and Customers with a goal to help each other’s growth.
- Achieve Inventory reductions goals.
- Develop processes and implement systems to promote higher utilization (inventory turns); material availability, quality, and control.
Note: The missions & activities above are not exhaustive and may be subject to adjustments according to the service or activities’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, business administration, engineering, or related field; advanced degree highly desirable.
- Experience in setup/upgrade of a production/MRO ERP would be a plus.
- Demonstrated practical experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques and/or continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to think strategically and to scope tasks and set goals. Demonstrated experience in strategic planning as well as tactical execution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to effectively communication to all levels of the organization and customers.
- Support and encourage professional growth of management staff.
- Other required personal skills include good listening skills, strong coaching/mentoring skills, and strong delegation & follow-through ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; meet deadlines; think ahead and plan over a 1-3-year time span.
- Understand MRO related systems development and deployment. Direct experience in Landing Gear MRO would be a plus.
- Able to be a team player and work in a team environment.
- Have a commitment to company values.
You recognize yourself in this project and you want to join us? You can send your application (CV and cover letter) to: email@example.com